We knew when we decided to focus on working with sustainability-oriented enterprises that really caring about our clients’ success would play a big part in keeping us excited about being Thinkshift. This is not just because we’re conscientious professionals and like the people we work with, but because we think our clients can make the world a better place.
In appreciation of our clients and in hopes of giving others a little shot of inspiration, here’s a list (in no particular order) of nine cool things our clients have done so far this year.
- New Resource Bank figured out a way to use stimulus grants to make solar power affordable for nonprofits.
- RoseRyan got people talking with its list of Northern California’s top 25 movers and shakers in cleantech.
- Powerit Solutions, recently dubbed one of Seattle’s hottest companies, closed a new $5 million investment round.
- The California NGV Coalition is co-sponsoring legislation that would require the state to meet its goals for petroleum use reduction and alternative fuels use.
- Andean Naturals, an importer of organic quinoa from Bolivia (much of it Fair Trade Certified™) is introducing another ancient grain alternative to the U.S. market—”baby quinoa,” aka kaniwa (ka-nyi-wa).
- Sage Consulting, whose First Touch training program for healthcare providers improves patient safety and satisfaction, is expanding from hospitals and clinics to home healthcare and hospice operations.
- Powerit’s advanced energy management system, Spara, helped Four Star Fruit in California’s Central Valley reduce its electric bill 16 percent.
- New Resource partnered with the California Fisheries Fund to finance Wild Planet’s expansion of sustainable seafood infrastructure on the West Coast.
- RoseRyan proved that finance pros have a sense of humor with its Finance Pro Personality Quiz—and earned plaudits in CFO Magazine for its insight. (OK, this one’s a tad self-serving since we created the quiz for them, but we love them for being game to do something purely fun.)
We’re expecting more inspiration and achievements from these and other clients as the year rolls on. That makes us happy.